I'm da MONSTER!! GWAHHHHH

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Big Zoltar...

Hehe.. everyone can ignore the previous post..For those who knows about it, haha.. for those who don't, it's not important.

I missed my English quiz today. I'm not sure if I will die..if I do, I'm gona kill someone and you know who you are..(j.k hehe ).

Tonight was Livia's session. I wrote music for her project which was a clip from the movie Big, starring Tom Hanks. I did a similar project for Yenny last semester and it was from the movie Pulp Fiction by Tarantino. The music that I wrote for both of them are totally different. For Yenny, it was more of a groove thing with the whole rhythm section and the B3 Hammond Organ wailing away with a solo. I didn't get to spend that much time on Yenny's project because there was a problem getting the clip and I was having other projects to deal with.

As for Livia's, it was more complicated and I have to break it down to 3 cues. It was all orchestral-like with lots of strings. The session went very well. The players were all amazing. I was seriously blown away with the strings section. I'm a computer sequence person so I've always been sequencing my music, unless I'm required to record live. While we were recording the strings, I began to have goosebumps because they totally made the music come alive!

After both the high and low strings were done, we recorded the trumpet. The part that I wrote for trumpet is actually kinda hard and high. I was a lil worried about it, but I figure if anything happen, there's always the sequence that I made. Omg, the trumpet player was hilarious! He's the type of person where he will keep trying until he gets it right.When we told him that the session is done, he was sooo shock.. And he kept wanting to record more takes. So we ended up with 17 takes. It's kinda rare to find players like that. Most of them just cant wait to get over it.

Next, we recorded Lionel popo. He had the most 'difficult' part. I caught it on video..




Sorry Lionel, for giving you such a retarded part..but it helps!!!..haha


The saddest part about this project is that we won't get to have a copy because it's going to be mix into surround sound and there's no surround burner in college. Haihhhhhhhhhh

After the session, we got a zipcar, picked Grace and head to Chinatown, mmMmmMmm.. Ate Scallion Pancakes, Dumplings, Conch & Pork soup, Weever, Kangkung and Sweet & Sour Pork. So damn full..

Came back home, and orang baru yang tinggal bersama saya memberitahu saya bahawa dia hendak membersihkan tempat tinggal kita dan tanya bila saya lapang. ISH BEDEBAH!! KECOH BETUL DIA NI. KACAU AJE LAH ..NAK RELAK PUN TAK BOLEH..

*Lately I've been overwhelmed with so many secrets.. Shhhhhh


I'm not really sure what I'm feeling right now. It's my 'delayed emotional' thing again. With all this workload, it kinda makes me feel like a robot..emotionally. I don't know how long can this last.. a year? hmm..probably not..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home