I'm da MONSTER!! GWAHHHHH

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Voodoo Babies Attack!!

The VOODOO BABIES are finally here!!! One for me, one for babi..

Monkey God (mine!) & Demon Gard (babi's)

Thank You Babi.

This is for you.. Since you can't read
Dig anymore.
--------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nature 1, Nurture 0
by Dan Savage

I think my 5 year old nephew is probably gay. Most of the reasons are superficial (he says that Zac Efron is really cute) but I also have a hunch. If he is gay, it's cool by me. The problem is my bro also thinks his son might be gay and he is not cool with it. He's 'nice' about it, but he has taken to prohibiting most of the things my nephew loves to do: putting makeup, watching and dancing along to musicals with vampy women (like Chicago), playing dress up. My nephew can tell that his dad thinks there is something shameful about his doing these things, but asks me in themost heartbreaking way if we can do those things when we're at my house and not tell his dad.

Question 1: Is it even possible to tell the sexual preference of a child so young?
Question 2: Is it wrong for me to indulge my nephew even though my brother has told me that he doesn't want my nephew doing those things?
-Auntie Mame

Answer 1: There's a 99% chance your nephew is gay and a 100% chance that your brother will regret his actions. He's emotionally abusing his son-and for what? Dress-up or no dress-up, if his son is gay then he's going to be gay when he grows up. Your brother can't destroy his son's homosexuality, only his son's life.

Answer 2: Your nephew needs an adult in his life who loves him unconditionally and a space where he can express himself without fear. So tell him you love him, promise to keep his secrets, and tell him that his father loves him too and will come around one day. And yes, lie to your brother-lie lots. In the grand scheme of things your lies are a misdemeanor, the emotional violence he's inflicting on his son is a felony.

Answer 3: You didn't ask about and extra bedroom, but I wish you had. Someday -someday soon - your nephew is going to need a safe place to go when he starts running away from home. So put together a nice guest bedroom, somplace your nephew can hide when he's sick of his father and, with any luck, over Zac Efron.
--------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home