I'm da MONSTER!! GWAHHHHH

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Passion for Hair-dyes

Every artist have their own preferred choice of medium and tools to create their masterpiece.

Leonardo Da Vinci chose to paint the Last Supper on a dry wall. (not a true fresco)

Michelangelo did The Creation of Adam on a chapel ceiling.

Andy Warhol created Silk screen images from his photographs.



As for me...my HAIR is my CANVAS.

My artwork was inspired by my Mom who 'force' (through nagging) me to dye my hair because it looks too dark and apparently made me look tired and weary.. I was 12 then. -___- 

My mom dyed my hair using the L'oreal home-dye (it was such a trend back then to dye your hair at home), and I remember my first colour was Garnet

As the years go by, I experiment with various colours myself. I've gotten praises, criticsm (of being a la la mui) , and of course.. disciplinary issues with the prefects and teachers in school to the point that I have to wash toilets everyday due to the accumulation of my demerit points,  and wear a freakin' head scarf to school. All this for hair dyes~

Now, it is almost impossible to find a strand of black hair on my head, not that I have anything against black colour. Just that... I'm running out of 'canvas' already T.T




My current colour (fishbowl blue + purple haze + blue mayhem)


Few weeks back..



Being Sailor Mercury!! (no it's not a wig)


I miss my purple days~~


       
June '08.. this was due to the fact that I'm trying to finish my dyes.So rojak lah~



Faded pimpin' purple + blue mayhem



Pimpin' purple + blue mayhem rocks! (so is that thingy in my drink)


*The fading effect of hair dye*

Purple --> Pink
Blue --> Greyish
Green --> Yellow (aka mouldy.. eww)
Red --> yellowish brown


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home