I'm da MONSTER!! GWAHHHHH

Friday, November 09, 2007

Stuff you have to go through to have a homecook meal

I'm pretty much sick of outside food and I'm kinda broke too. Somehow, I got this great eagerness to cook today. I went grocery shopping at Whole Foods.

I decided to use one of those ready-made Lee Kum Kee packet sauce. Tonight's main dish would be Sweet and Spicy Beef with Broccoli and Mushroom!! Wahaha..

Step 1, cook rice..

Went into the kitchen and I have to decide on which rice pot to use. Usually, I use Mel's rice pot but now that she's gone, so is her rice pot. I wanted to use Orang Kecil's rice pot but I have no idea how. I open the lid and I see another cover with a smaller pot in this bigger pot. So confusing.
Then I turned around and saw this other rice cooker which I believe is the Orang Bodoh's. Whatever, I just wanna cook some rice. Orang Bodoh's rice pot seems more familiar to me but then there was this knob which looks like a timer and there were chinese/japanese words on it. Seriously, I never had so much confusion on cooking rice. Usually it's just wash rice, put water, put into the pot, and press that thingy. Tada!!... So I decided to use the Orang Bodoh's one.

There is actually another rice pot above the cabinet. Lazy to bring it down..


Then I started cooking my main dish. This is my first time cooking beef so I am not sure what is the outcome going to be.

*Orang kecil came out from her room*

OK: You're cooking??!?!
Me: er..hehe..yeahhh
OK: oh what are you cooking?!?

*Comes into the kitchen*

I was kinda shy because Orang Kecil is a really good cook. She must probably be thinking WTH? while looking at my cooking pan.

The Orang Bodoh came too and I am now surrounded by two people, STARING AT ME COOK!!
Stress man. Haih..

OB: do you need suhhh to put this sauce suhh?
Me: er..yeah.. I will put that later

Before I can finish my sentence, OB already open the packet

*OB pour the sauce packet into the pan*


Me: Hm.. I wonder if this is ok (while staring at the pan)

THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN!!!!!!

OB: OHHHH THIS IS GOING TO BE SALTY!!! YOU MUST PUT WATER!!

*OB took a bowl and fill it with tap water and just pour it in my pan as if she's trying to put out fire!!!!!*

I WAS SERIOUSLY IN SHOCK!!

and I'm pretty sure Orang Kecil was shocked too because her face was stunned for awhile and turn to the Orang Bodoh and ask why did she do that.

OB: oh haha sorry sorry..

OMG man!!! First of all, I haven't even taste the food yet and she slumber pour water all over it. Secondly, tap water?!!? come on. Yes this is US where people drink water from taps but still??! This is an old building I'm living in and there's probably roaches and mice running up and down this pipes.

I look at my pan.. It was sizzling and bubbling before. Now, all I can see is this puddle of water 'takung-ing' in my pan. OMG!! so watery now...

I quickly stir stir and pour my food out into a bowl. I didn't even bother to see if it is fully cook. I just can't wait to get out of the kitchen.

Finally, can makan already..

*Opens rice cooker*

CHOI!!! my rice is still swimming in there. It wasn't even cook at all.

I was like...shit.. stupid confusing rice cooker. Then I asked Orang Kecil if she knows how to use this rice cooker. She wasn't sure either and asked Orang Bodoh about it. Then, Orang Bodoh said that the rice pot is from her boyfriend so she also don't know how to use. Arghhh my rice ah!!! At that time, Orang Bodoh was talking to her bf on the phone.

OB: Heyy suhhh, I got a more important question to ask you suhh.. The rice cooker suhh.. how to use suhh got number 1 to 13.suuh...

I seriously don't know how they communicate loh. If I was the bf, I'll probably wanna bang my head on the wall having to listen to her talk like that all the time.

The bf also don't know how to use it. Somehow, we got it to work. Yay!!
While waiting for the rice to cook, I decided to fry an egg.

*Tak!*

Yay! Rice is ready. *Opens the lid*
Aiyoh!!! so mushy.. ugh.. I hate mushy rice. Looks like I have to put less water if I want to use her pot again.

Haih.. so much stuff to go through just to have a homecook meal. Never going to cook when Orang Bodoh is around. God knows what she would do with my dish in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home